The following roadworks are listed by Surrey County Council for action during this month which will potentially cause traffic delays. The dates indicated are approximate and may change due weather or roadwork prioritisation:
Mon 8th to Wed 10th February – HANGER HILL – Safety Improvement works
- This is a scheme to lay anti-skid surfacing in Hanger Hill, Weybridge between the junction of Princes Road and the pedestrian traffic lights towards the bottom of the hill. The nonslip surface has worn away and needs resurfacing for safety reasons.
- During these works Prince’s Road will be closed at the junction with Hanger Hill. Vehicle access for residents and businesses will be made available.
- Hanger Hill will be under temporary traffic control using two way lights operating between the junction with Princes Road and approximately the junction with Pine Grove.
- The works may be delayed in periods of wet weather.
Mon 8th to Fri 26th February – B374 BROOKLANDS ROAD – Tree removal
- Two way traffic signals will be deployed on Brooklands Road near to the junction with Julian Hill. This is to enable the removal of several trees on SCC land and abutting SCC retaining wall.
- The work is scheduled to commence on 8th February but with 3 weeks allocated, it is possible that SCC could vary this start date due to other priorities.
Tues 9th to Wed 10th February – A318 BARNES WALLIS DRIVE – Telecoms
- Multi-way traffic signals will be in operation at the junction of Oyster Lane with Barnes Wallis Drive to enable BT to erect a new pole. Traffic delays are likely.
Mon 15th to Wed 17th February – PINE GROVE – Road maintenance
- Multi-way traffic signals will be deployed at the junction of Windsor Walk with Pine Grove to enable the installation of a duct under the footpath and part of the carriageway. Delays to traffic using Pine Grove are possible.